Kuehne + Nagel
From: 12 Oct 2017
Till: 12 Oct 2017
Add to my calendar
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Round Table
- Network Event
Aero Engine Round Table Innovation in Internal & External Logistics
On Thursday 12 October from 13:00 h to 17:00 h (location Kuehne + Nagel Velsen-Noord) the NAG (in cooperation with DGTA) organizes the Aero Engine Round Table with the theme "Innovation in Internal & External Logistics".
The increasing pressure on suppliers to deliver engine components predictably in time, at low cost, and guaranteed quality calls for new forms of internal & external logistics based on efficient & effective business operations. Furthermore, the question is to be raised whether and to what extent (buffer) stocks should be used to accommodate fluctuations in supply and demand or that external parties can facilitate this flexibility better and cheaper.
The "Innovation in Internal & External Logistics" Round Table focuses on sharing experiences with just-in-time and parts consignment concepts on the one hand, and on answering the question what innovations within internal and external logistics are still needed / possible to further improve business performance in the overall value chain of engine maintenance on the other hand.
The following key-note speakers will give introductory presentations based on their own business experiences:
- Rob Droog (Kuehne + Nagel - Business Development Manager Aerospace) - Presentation "Innovation in External Logistics"
- Peter Rietdijk (AvioDiepen - Business Coordinator IT Business Systems) - Presentation "Parts Logistics behind the scenes".
During the round table discussion, after the keynote presentations, we try to answer the following questions:
• What experiences have been gained with concepts like just-in-time and part-consigments?
• How can IT developments contribute to increasing user convenience when ordering and delivering a desired item in time?
• In what ways can suppliers remain competitive without compromising the company's continuity, and what new logistics concepts can make a positive contribution to this?
Kuehne + Nagel offers the opportunity to participate in a tour of the newly-built logistics center, including the storage of engines and stand management.
If you are interested in participating in this Aero Engine Round Table on Thursday 12 October from 13:00 h to 17:00 h please contact E: email@example.com; Phone: +31 (0) 88 1976 103.
There is no participation fee for this workshop. This event is made possible by a top sector HTSM TKI grant".
Sign up for this activity
Deadline for registration has passed.
Please contact the NAG office for registration or questions.