REPORT 3D PRINTING CLUSTER MEETING
On February 8th the fourth meeting of the 3D Printing Cluster took place. We were very pleased by the large attendance of 30 people for our first live event in a long time. The meeting was hosted by Siemens Digital Industries Software at the Brainport Industries Campus.
The meeting was all about “Could 3D be a viable option for your company both technically and business wise? Marcus Kremers, chairman of the 3D Printing Cluster and CTO Airborne, kicked-off with a short introduction which was followed by four presentations:
- “Design for AM” by the host of the meeting Olivier Diegerick, Portfolio Developer Additive Manufacturing Software Siemens Digital Industries Software
- “(R-)evolution towards series production”by Daniël Hoogstraate, accountmanager Materialise NL en Rico Engelman, Business Development Manager Materialise
- “Living up to the promise of AM: Repair possibilities and LCA-benefits” by Onno Ponfoort, practice Leader 3D Printing Berenschot and Joachim Antonissen, CEO Guaranteed B.V.
- “Metal Additive Manufacturing in the Aerospace industry: Use cases and examples” by Presentation by Harry Kleijnen, Senior Business Development Manager Additive Industries
After these interesting presentation the meeting continued with a guided tour to the K3D-AddFAB.
The meeting ended with a discussion. Some conclusions:
- The opinion was shared that we lacked a good view on how OEM’s look at trends.
- We need this view in order to determine the respond.
- The market challenges are demanding and stimulate to find solutions collectively.
- The MoU between NAG and Airbus and Embraer act as effective vehicles to connect the current and future OEM demands to collective Dutch solutions also in AM.
- It was agreed to organize another session to focus on future needs within aerospace and to determine possible focus areas fitting the Dutch ecosystem.
General Members Assembly May 2023 | Airbus Leiden
11 May 2023
On Thursday May 11th, 2023 the General Members Assembly (GMA) took place. The meeting was hosted by Airbus Netherlands in Leiden. Thank you Airbus for the great welcome! We were pleased with the large number of members present.
Sustainable Skies World Summit 2023
5 May 2023
In the accompanying interview during the Sustainable Skies World Summit 2023 with Dr Mark Bentall, head of research and technology at Airbus, it is clear that sustainable flying cannot be seen separately from producing sustainable aircraft. Interesti…