REPORT | Introduction Course Aviation
On September 21st, our annual Introduction Course Aviation took place at Luchtvaartmuseum Aviodrome in Lelystad. Several speakers provided our participants an introduction to the aviation sector and the position of the Netherlands in the international aviation market in one day:
- Historical Perspective and future by Joris Melkert, Associate Professor and Director of Education TU Delft Faculty Aerospace Engineering;
- Technology, design, production and maintenance by Jan Verbeek, Partner/Knowledgemanagement & Innvation at ADSE
- Developments in the market by Mrs. Nicole Dreyer-Langlet, Vice-President Research & Technology Germany Airbus
- Airports by Anke Matijssen, Division Director Airport Deerns
- Operations by Akos van der Plaat Air Traffic Consultant at MovingDot
- Job market by Renée van de Watering, programmamanager College van Belanghebbenden Luchtvaartonderwijs (CvBLo)
- Young NAG by Bas de Glopper, member of the board of Young NAG
- Government by Niek Lobé – account holder aviation at Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate
- Interest groups & explanation ecosystem by Frank Jansen, Managing Director NAG
Also a tour around Aviodrome was part of the program.
After the group assignment “what does the aircraft/airport of the future look like” all the participants got their certificate. The course ended with an Indian rice table.
General Members Assembly May 2023 | Airbus Leiden
11 May 2023
On Thursday May 11th, 2023 the General Members Assembly (GMA) took place. The meeting was hosted by Airbus Netherlands in Leiden. Thank you Airbus for the great welcome! We were pleased with the large number of members present.
Sustainable Skies World Summit 2023
5 May 2023
In the accompanying interview during the Sustainable Skies World Summit 2023 with Dr Mark Bentall, head of research and technology at Airbus, it is clear that sustainable flying cannot be seen separately from producing sustainable aircraft. Interesti…