On October 29th 2020 the NAG organized a webinar on the subject Cybersecurity in close collaboration with Holland Instrumentation and Innovation Quarter. This webinar was made possible by InnovationQuarter. The webinar took place from the live setting at the high tech Applied Sciences Lab Aeronautical & Precision Engineering of Inholland Delft. The purpose of this meeting was to provide insight into how hackers work, how vulnerable our industry is and how you can identify the risks for your company and take countermeasures. This is because Cybersecurity is a serious threat to the aerospace in general. The webinar had over 100 registrations! Frank Jansen, managing director NAG, was the chairman of the webinar.
Antoine Gerritse, Head of Aeronautical & Precision Engineering Inholland University of Applied Sciences Delft, gave a short welcome and virtual tour through the lab as host of this webinar. The organizing parties also gave a brief introduction:
- Holland Instrumentation: Maarten Schippers, CEO Airbus Defence and Space Netherlands
- Innovation Quarter: Niels Krol, senior accountmanager Aerospace
- NAG: Jan Verbeek, vice chairman NAG & Partner – Knowledge Management and Innovation at ADSE
After that we had 4 interesting presentations:
- René Ouwehand, Business unit manager Security Advisory Fox IT kicked off with a presentation about “Know your enemt”.
- Bert Willemsen, Director aXite Security Group & Menno Cadee, technical director aXite Security Group presented about “Cybersecurity: compliance and reality”.
- Egbert Jan Sol, Smart Industry Program Director TNO presented about “Practical cyber security in Smart Inustry and Industrial loT systems”
- Eric van Meijer, head of ICT Airbus Defence and Space Netherlands presented about “Cyber security awareness at Aribus Leiden. What we do to avoid workplace accidents”.
At the end of the webinar it was time for the panel discussion. Eric van der Veen, Business Manager Aerospace by ADSE, was the panel leader. The panel members were:
- Liesbeth Holterman projectleider Cybersecurity Centrum Maakindustrie
- Bert Willemsen, director aXite Security Group
- Jochen de Vet, Regional Security Officer, Europe & Asia Pacific | GKN Aerospace
Through the chat ,the attendees were able to ask questions to the speakers and the panel. The input questions from the chat of the attendees led to an interesting discussion. Various ideas, tips and topics were discussed and shared.
The NAG is happy to make the recording of the webinar available to those who were unable to participate or who would like to listen to the recordings again.