On Thursday June 3th, 2021, NAG & Rotterdam the Hague Innovation Airport (RHIA) organized an event about Hydrogen. The event was live streamed from Rotterdam The Hague Airport. All the speakers were attending at the location and all members participated online. The goal was to gain more insights in hydrogen, getting inspiration and discover ideas for follow-up sessions.
Jan Verbeek, Vice-chairman at NAG/ Partner Knowledge Management and Innovation at ADSE, and Miranda Janse, Director at RHIA, opened the event with a short introduction about hydrogen. Miranda told something about RHIA’s initiatives on this theme.
First, Peter Lucas and Maurice Boon joined Jan Verbeek and Miranda Janse at the table. They gave the following presentations:
- Towards a hydrogen economy – Peter Lucas, Innovation Manager Hydrogen at TU Delft
- Future of hydrogen in aviation – Maurice Boon, Consultant at ADSE
Next, Renko Overmeen, Roel van Benthem and Jan-Willem van Zwieten joined Jan Verbeek at the table. They gave the following presentations:
- Mobility fund – Technology for Hybrid-Electric Aviation – Renko Overmeen, Director Programs at Aeronamic
- Flying with Hydrogen Aircraft (Hydra-II) – Roel van Benthem, Senior R&D Manager at Royal Netherlands Aerospace Centre
- Opportunities and challenges in the development of electric liquid hydrogen propulsion systems for aviation – Jan-Willem van Zwieten, Team Manager at AeroDelft
After each presentation, there was time for questions and discussion. Jan Bos, Marketing Manager Civil Aerospace Industry at Royal Netherlands Aerospace Centre, was the moderator of the chat and included polls via Mentimeter between the presentations. There were many questions that unfortunately could not all be answered. The questions from the chat are shared with the participants and the results of the Mentimeter can be found here.
NAG and RHIA are considering a follow-up to the meeting. We want to organize multiple events about this topic. A lot of ideas have already come in through de Mentimeter for the follow-up sessions. More suggestions are welcome and can be send to email@example.com.