Introduction Course Aviation 2021
On Thursday 23 September, 2021 the NAG organized the introduction course aviation at Aviodrome in Lelystad for the 7th time.
In the different presentations every aspect of aviation was covered. In this way there was a varied and interesting program. The topics of presentations were:
- Historical perspective and future (Olga Lubbers – TU Delft)
- Developments in the market from the perspective of the OEM (Abdel Yazri – Embraer)
- Operations (Tim ten Velde – KLM)
- Job Market (Geert Boosten – Hogeschool van Amsterdam)
- Technology – develop, produce and maintain – (Jan Verbeek – ADSE)
- Airports (Anke Matijssen – Deerns)
- Interest groups – government (Frank Jansen – NAG)
After the first four presentations, it was time for lunch, followed by a tour of the Aviodrome museum. The tour was given by the speakers of the introduction course. After the tour three more presentations followed, after which it was time for a group assignment. The participants were divided into three groups with the intention that each group thought about an aircraft and / or airport of the future. This was worked out on paper and presented to the other groups. Very surprising designs were presented. Afterwards the participants were awarded a certificate for participation. To conclude, there was drink and diner in which the participants had the time to network.
The introduction course was a big success, with many positive reactions. During the certificate ceremony each participant was asked to describe the introduction course in one word. ‘Educational’, ‘interesting’ and ‘nic’ are few of the many reactions from the participants.