NAG Young Talent Network “What does sustainability mean for the sector seen from the perspective of industry, operations and infrastructure?”.
On Thursday July 8th from 15:00 pm – 16:30 pm, the second NAG Young Talent Network took place. This second event was a follow-up of the first session about: “What does sustainability mean for the sector seen from the perspective of industry, operations and infrastructure?”.
Sander van Lochem, Avionics Specialist at ADSE Consulting & one of the creators of the NAG Young Talent Network, acted as host as of the meeting. He also provided an introductory presentation.
The following presentations have been given:
- Pitch 1 Infrastructure: Lotte de Koning, Innovation Lead at Vanderlande
- Pitch 2 Industry: Michiel Jas, Director of Sustainability at GKN Aerospace
- Pitch 3 Operations: Maikel van den Ham, Director Flight Operations Support & Innovation at Transavia
After the presentations the participants had an animated discussion in one of the three break out rooms based on the three pitches. The speakers prepared the following statement for the discussion in their break out room:
- Break out room 1 Infrastructure: Through collaboration and data sharing the lifecycle of assets can be optimized
- Break out room 2 Industry: Reducing emissions of an aircraft in operations is only thing that really matters…”
- Break out room 3 Operations: the passenger as the end user is responsible for sustainability compensation, not the airline, which merely facilitates demand.
We are going to organize another Young Talent Network this year on October 8th 2021. We would like to welcome on that date you for a networking drink (live!) at Inholland in Delft.