Report meeting Artificial Intelligence (AI) event
On Tuesday, September 14th the Artificial Intelligence (AI) event took place. The focus of the event is on linking Artificial Intelligence to aviation. The NAG organized the event together with the Brabant Development Agency (BOM). It was nice to see our members and other stakeholders/participants live again instead of through teams.
The main aim of the event was to inform, inspire, form consortia, generate ideas and network. Results that you can achieve by realizing more AI applications, strengthening circularity and sustainability.
The meeting started with a welcome of the host of the meeting: Roel Hellemons, CEO Eindhoven Airport.
Jacob Derks, Project Manager of VIA APPIA (Virtual and Augmented reality and Artificial Partners Programme for Industrial Applications) at World Class Maintenance acted as chairman of the day and moderator of the discussion.
The following presentations have been given:
- “Explanation AI and future vision” by Nathan Eskue, Associate Professor of AI in Manufacturing at TU Delft
- “Certification of AI” by Sander van Lochem, Avionics Specialist at ADSE
- “Maintenance and Digital Twin”, Marcel Bos, Head of Gas Turbines & Structural Integrity Department at NLR
- “Using AI on Flight Simulators to support Evidence Based Training (EBT)” by Mark van den Hoven, Lead System Architect at Avion Group
- “AI in Air Traffic Control” by Bert Brouwer, Directeur at 42 Solutions
After the presentations there was a lively panel discussion led by Jacob Derks with in the panel Nathan Eskue, Sander van Lochem and Emilia Silvas, quartermaster working group Mobility, Transport & Logistics AI coalition.
The participants were actively involved in the event via the mentimeter. You can see the results here.
The event was made possible by a TKI HTSM grant.