Third event for Airport Development Professionals
On January 17th the third interactive event for Airport Development Professionals took place at the NAG in Delft. With 25 participants we had a very interesting program and discussion.
The themes that were addressed in the session were:
- Intermodality from a passenger-oriented approach
- The journey of the luggage
Anke Matijssen, member of the Board of the NAG and Division Director Airports at Deerns, acted as chairman of the meeting.
There were four presentations:
- Klaas Boersma, Senior Strategic Advisor Master Planning Royal Schiphol Group “Transforming airport hubs into Multimodal Transport Hubs”
- Monique van Wortel, senior policy advisor international railway affairs Ministry I&W, and Mariska Kaptein, policy advisor aviation economy Ministry I&W “AirRail initiatives government at national and European level”
- Randel Darby, CEO and Founder of Airportr “Off-airport baggage handling; changing the perception from process to product”
- Presentation by Taco Spoor, Business Development Europe NACO & co-founder GreenBaggage “The CO2 impact of a bag journey and the savings potential”
After the presentations there was a panel discussion about the themes of the event and an “Rondje langs de Velden” In previous (segment) meetings it has become clear that sharing this information is experienced as very valuable.
The event ended with a network drink.
General Members Assembly May 2023 | Airbus Leiden
11 May 2023
On Thursday May 11th, 2023 the General Members Assembly (GMA) took place. The meeting was hosted by Airbus Netherlands in Leiden. Thank you Airbus for the great welcome! We were pleased with the large number of members present.
Sustainable Skies World Summit 2023
5 May 2023
In the accompanying interview during the Sustainable Skies World Summit 2023 with Dr Mark Bentall, head of research and technology at Airbus, it is clear that sustainable flying cannot be seen separately from producing sustainable aircraft. Interesti…