REPORT MEETING AIRCRAFT INTERIORS CLUSTER
On March 16th the Aircraft Interiors Cluster with the theme “Passenger Experience” took place. The meeting was hosted by TU Delft faculty Industrial Design Engineering. With many thanks to Peter Vink, chair environmental ergonomics at TU Delft, who creating the entire program for the meeting. Both NAG-members and students participated in the meeting.
The meeting was very interactive with interesting presentations and demo’s.
- Arlette van der Veer, Senior Manager Radical Innovation at KLM “KLM innovation strategies linked to KLM innovation ecosystems” (keynote)
- Mark Broekhans, product specialist at KLM inflight services “Challenges in interior design”
- Justus Benad, Postdoctoral Researcher at TU Delft Faculty Aerospace Engineering: “The flying V”
- Peter Vink, chair environmental ergonomics at TU Delft “Turboprop interior comfort, the largest experiment in the life of Peter Vink: ComfDemo“
- Gerbera Vledder, PhD student Industrial Design Engineering at TU Delft “Noise experience in the cabin”
- Wolf Song, Associate Professor Industrial Design Engineering at TU Delft “The digital twin of the humans in the aircraft interior”
- Tour 3d scanning lab by Bert Naagen, head Lab
- VR interior flying V and chaise longue seats by Alex Vicente and Daniel Houwing (students)
The meeting ended with a networkdrink.
General Members Assembly May 2023 | Airbus Leiden
11 May 2023
On Thursday May 11th, 2023 the General Members Assembly (GMA) took place. The meeting was hosted by Airbus Netherlands in Leiden. Thank you Airbus for the great welcome! We were pleased with the large number of members present.
Sustainable Skies World Summit 2023
5 May 2023
In the accompanying interview during the Sustainable Skies World Summit 2023 with Dr Mark Bentall, head of research and technology at Airbus, it is clear that sustainable flying cannot be seen separately from producing sustainable aircraft. Interesti…