On Thursday 16 November from 13:00 h to 17:00 h (location Chromalloy, Siriusstraat 55, 5015 BT Tilburg), the NAG (in cooperation with DGTA) organizes the Aero Engine Round Table with the theme "Innovation in Repairs".
In the near future, the application of new material types such as composite and CMC in the next generation of aircraft engines will require new repair techniques. Furthermore, now that new-generation engines stay on wing longer, investment in capital equipment needed to perform these demanding repairs will experience a long payback period. This requires companies involved in the overhaul & repair of engines to carefully consider what repairs are economically viable to focus on.
The Round Table "Innovation in Repairs" focuses on the recent development of repair techniques for the next generation of engine components such as composite and CMC, but also tries to answer the question whether there is any future for component repair in the light of more reliable engines, costly investments and engine manufacturers who are less likely to disclose repair techniques or provide repair licenses.
The following key-note speakers will give introductory presentations based on their own business experiences:
• Ron van Gestel (Chromalloy – Head of Business Development Engineering) – presentation “Supporting customers with repair development”
• Henk Smeulders (StandardAero Director Sales EMEA & Asia Components) – presentation “Future MRO component repairs”.
During the round table discussion, following the keynote presentations, we try to answer the following questions:
• which repair techniques will be needed in the future to repair components of the next generation engines ?
• is it realistic to assume that the efficiency in performing repairs can be increased by automation / robotisation ?
• how future-proof is the development of repair techniques with engine manufacturers who are less likely to develop or publicize new repair techniques and / or provide licenses for it?
A guided tour will be part of the Aero Engine Round Table.
If you are interested in participating in this Aero Engine Round Table on Thursday 16 November from 13:00 h to 17:00 h please contact E: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: +31 (0) 88 1976 103.
There is no participation fee for this workshop. This event is made possible by a top sector HTSM TKI grant".