We would like to invite you for an interactive event about electrification & battery developments for electric flying on April 6th, 2022.The event is hosted by the Battery Competence Center and the BOM at the Automotive Campus in Helmond.
Electrification & battery developments for electric flying. Workshops “Exploring the field of electrification & battery developments for electric flying and finding opportunities for value chain collaborations”.
- Cross-pollination aerospace and automotive in the field of electric drive;
- Connecting companies that have a part of the solution and stimulate cooperation;
- Identifying development gaps and business opportunities.
Reception with coffee/tea and sandwich
Short welcome by Pieter Rahusen, Commercial Manager Automotive Campus, host of the meeting & Roland Grimm, Program Manager Brabantse Ontwikkelings Maatschappij
Presentation by chairman of the meeting Gijs Vrenken, communication manager at Eindhoven Airport “Establishment of Electric Flying Collective”
Presentation by Rutger van Poppel, project manager Battery Competence Centre
Presentation by Gerben Broekema, Director Broekema Aviation Advisory Services and co-founder PEN-EM “Power 8 study on developments in electrical aircraft
connections (regional airports)” – focus on transport business/coming to market segment
Presentation by João Taborda, Director, Government Affairs, EMEA Embraer “The Energia project: sustainable concepts on the path to 2050”
Presentation by Jan-Willem Heinen, co-founder at Venturi Aviation “Full electric regional flying - what challenges does that pose? Focus on aircraft development”
Sketching a picture of the technical challenges by:
- Frank Wokke, Business Manager Aerospace Systems at Royal NLR – Netherlands Aerospace Centre
- Eric van der Veen, Business Development Manager Aerospace at ADSE
Forum discussion led by Prof.Dr.Ir. Maarten Steinbuch (TU/E) & Scientific Director Eindhoven Engine
Panel: Gerben Broekema, Jan-Willem Heinen, Eric van der Veen & Frank Wokke
Four workshops of 40 minutes. You will have the opportunity to follow two workshops of your choice in succession
- Market opportunities and business planning for electric flying
Workshop leaders: Gerben Broekema (Broekema Aviation Advisory Services) and Jan-Willem Heinen (Venturi Aviation)
- Technical challenges for automotive / (new) aerospace suppliers and Battery Competence Center
Workshop leaders: Rutger van Poppel (Battery Compentence Centre) en Maarten Klomp, Founder & CEO at Saluqi Motors B.V.
- Production challenges for high production numbers for aerospace / lessons learned from automotive – EWIS
Workshop leader: Arjen Buijze, Manufacturing Technology Program Lead at GKN Aerospace/Fokker Elmo
- New aircraft designs and certification challenges
Workshop leaders: Frank Wokke (NLR) & Frank Kaiser, Head of DOA Design Organisation ASDE
Wrap up and short feedback workshop leaders
End of meeting
Participation is free of charge
Automotive Campus 30
5708 JZ HELMOND
This event is made possible by a topsector HTSM TKI grant.
We hope to welcome you on the 6th of April 2022 at the Automotive Campus in Helmond.